Christian Store Week October 1-10, 2011

Have you been blessed by a Christian bookstore? I certainly have. When I was a little girl, I loved going to the local Berean Christian bookstore. Today I'm doubly blessed by my local store (Graceland Christian Bookstore in Pittsburg CA). As a customer, I appreciate the great selection of books, music, and gift items. As an author, I've been blown away by their enthusiastic support.

October 1-10 is Christian Store Week! These stores offer a unique blend of products and ministry, and this week is our chance to thank them. Many stores are hosting authors or recording artists! Check out the Christian Store Week website to find participating locations near you.

During Christian Store Week only, the Feed the Flock CD will be available for purchase at participating stores and will include music, books and videos from Christian artists and authors. All proceeds go to World Vision's food aid programs.

What else can you do to show appreciation to your local store?
1) Buy something!
2) Thank them in person, or even better, write a letter all the staff can read.
3) Bring them goodies!
4) Brag about the store to all your friends and family.
5) Sing their praises on Facebook or Twitter.
6) Visit one of the Christian Store Week author or artist events.

I'll be participating too! On Wednesday, October 5, I'll be at Lighthouse Christian Store, 7188 Amador Plaza Rd., Dublin CA from 7-9 pm. I'll be giving a short talk about the process of writing a book, as well as signing books. On Saturday, October 8, I'll be signing books at Nu Revelations Bookstore, 22431 Foothill Blvd., Hayward CA from 3-6 pm.

Labels: , , ,